Software Asset Management (SAM) is now a C-level imperative for executives. It has changed from merely a tick box exercise to a critical discipline that impacts all areas of the organisation. Software Asset Management not only supports the operational success of other IT functions, such as service management but also interfaces with other functional areas such as procurement, finance and governance.
Our approach is product, vendor and technology agnostic and customers can choose from a portfolio of once off assessments or a complete SAM solution.
- Assessment of organisational SAM maturity
- License Compliance Risk Review
- SAM Process & Policy definition
- Inventory management and collection
- License management consulting.
- Once-off or ongoing SAM Inventory assessments
- Microsoft SAM Baseline and Deployment Planning
Blackhill provides an effective Software Asset Management (SAM) service, whereby a customer will have current state assessment to gain visibility of the compliance challenges that could lead to financial and legal risk in their organisation.
Our SAM programme is tailored to fix improper licensing procedures and drive ongoing process improvement that will give you peace of mind knowing that you are using genuine products with all their associated benefits. Good licensing practices help you minimize risks and keep your software and overall workforce running as they should.
Our SAM program helps your organisation mitigate business risks and enjoy the following benefits:
- Better bargaining power
- Faster roll outs
- Updated software inventory lets you know what you have
- Improved security and preparedness
- Minimized software legal risks
- Smoother operations
- Peace of mind as your company grows
Modern business needs are changing and with that comes the need for an agile IT i that is both cost-effective and secure. A cloud strategy addresses these needs by reducing costs, increasing agility, and improving scalability and security.
However, migrating some or all of your infrastructure to the cloud can be challenging. Blackhill Solutions will provide you with an end-to-end analysis of your infrastructure, taking into consideration current software deployment, usage, and licensing data. The assessment will evaluate your cloud readiness, keeping in mind your short and long-term cloud strategy and overall business goals.
- Whether on-premises, cloud, or hybrid is the best structure for your business.
- A lack of knowledge on the licensing options available to support a migration to the cloud. Whether a fixed or pay-as-you-go cost model is best for your company.
- Assessing whether migrating to the cloud will make it easier to manage software assets going forward.
Conducting a Cloud-Ready SAM Engagement will help you:
- Gain a clear picture of what is ready to migrate to the cloud today and what will need to wait.
- Design a long-term cloud migration roadmap that efficiently manages the migration over time.
- Identify whether any licensing gaps can be resolved in the cloud.
- Determine whether cloud-based scalability can increase your organizations agility.
- Understand better ways of managing costs through on-demand, pay-per-use subscription models.
In an increasingly connected world, our reliance on technology renders us vulnerable to security attacks in ways never imaged. Blackhill delivers technology and process guidance to customers to secure their enterprise assets and to detect and respond rapidly to threats. Our Cybersecurity Assessment is a comprehensive evaluation based on industry standards that provides the first view of risks and vulnerabilities